Re: Auto-capitalization in gnumeric

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 21:58, Greg Ward wrote:
Some time ago, Gnumeric grew an intensely annoying "feature": it assumes
that when I enter a string "foo", I really meant "Foo".  Or if I enter
"CDs", I really meant "Cds".  I think this is flamingly bogus and
totally wrong.  Is there any way to disable it in Gnumeric 1.0.10?

Check what you have in:
Tools ->  Auto Correct -> First Letter and look at the option:
Capitalize first letter of sentence

Also see what happens if you set the format of the cells to: General
instead of: Text.

I use Red Hat's 8.0 version of gnumeric (1.0.9) which is apparently a
bit borked because I can't seem to get the autocapitalize feature on!.
There are other strange things in this RH gnumeric version.
Mmmm fascinating!

--Tino Meinen