Re: version 1.0.5 sorting and other.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 02:38:34PM -0400, Vince Herried wrote:
Is there a way sort all the data by one column?

It would seem like one would want to keep the row data intact,
the column data sort doesn't do this?

You should be able to do this easily.  Select the entire region that
you'd want sorted then chose the 1st column as the key.  Note if you
attempt to sort a region that contains relative references things
may not change as you'd expect, especially if the key is based on a
relative reference.

How about a way to divide all the numbers in a column by 100?
I have a column that I want it to interpret as percent but I can't
get it to format it properly, for the number 0.9  I want it to treat it as
0.9%  not 90%
The easiest thing to do would be to use paste special.  Fill and
copy a column of the same size as the target with 100.   The paste
special onto the target region using multiplication.