Should we keep this feature ?

Gnumeric has long had a feature where the parser was 'smart' about
strings.  If you entered an unquoted string Gnumeric would check to
see if it was a name, and if not, would accept it as a string.

eg
    =YourMother
would parse into
    ="YourMother"

I have just realized that while arguably a sane approach was almost
certainly not intentional, and is incompatible with XL and OpenCalc.
I've also realized that it makes the OpenCalc importer unpleasant
due to the non forward declaration of names in their file format.

Does anyone care enough to make a case for keeping this feature ?