Re: Gnumeric examples

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:35:29AM +0200, Grabau Katrin wrote:
I  am trying to compile a gnumeric spreadsheet file, that will later  be
serialised using cocoon to excel file format.
I don't quite understand.  Why not just save in excel format
directly ?

Does anyone have any examples for me?
There are a few sample files in gnumeric/samples and in
gnumeric/templates.  I do not recall if any of them use the features
you mention below, but it should be easy to run gnumeric and
generate a test file.

 I have a special problem in trying to define a merged region. I tried
using the <gmr:MergedRegions> tag, but it doesn' t work.
We haven't had any bug reports on this so I suspect your code my be
having problems.

On the other hand I have had a problem to find a gnumeric code for the
vertical alignment similar to gnumeric code 64 (center across selection)
for the horizontal alignment.
There is no vertical equivalent to the horizontal 'center across selection'
The easiest way to handle this would be to read gnumeric/src/style.h
and gnumeric/src/xml-io.c

Good Luck
    Jody