Re: OpenVMS Re: OpenVMS port of gnumeric + problem

jody gnome org wrote on 22-MAY-2002 16:44:07.12:
Problems : -Trying to write Excel files fails. It seems that not all >data
              is written to the file (i.e. the creator "The Gnumeric >Team" is
            not present in the file). Has anyone an idea what can be >wrong
            here and/or what tests I can build in to get an idea what >is
            wrong.
Doesn't ring any bells.
Can you send a sample xls with a matching .gnumeric file for
comparison ?
attached are the following files:
  book1.xls : a correct Excel file created with gnumeric on Linux-Alpha.
              it contains only the A1 field filled with "jj"
              This file I used as basis to create the files book2.*
              on my OpenVMS machine.
  book2.xls : unreadable Excel file created on OpenVMS with
gnumeric.                  should have been the same as book1.xls.
  book2.gnumeric : this file is created with gnumeric on OpenVMS and
                   gives the expected results

                 Jouk