Re: Displaying Hebrew Characters in Dev Gnumeric

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:09:47PM +0200, Akavia wrote:
Hello.
I have been using Gnumeric and I really like it.
I downloaded the development version of Gnumeric (via GARNOME). I still
can't display hebrew - I only see it in the top area (the one with
OK/CANCEL and the = sign) but not in the cells themselves. I see some
kind of garbage (it looks like \XX for each letter, perhaps some kind of
hex represantation).
What do I have to do in order to see hebrew characters - do I have to
change the encoding of the fonts (like Abiword) or something like that?
(BTW, the same fonts show up as hebrew for gedit)

I have not completed the final step of using pango in the cells.
Hopefully it will be ready within a few weeks.  It will be
interesting to be able to test rtl text.