OpenVMS port of gnumeric + problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to port Gnumeric to OpenVMS. I got quite far (see successes) but
I still have one main problem (see Excel file problem). Help on this problem
is welcome, since I ran out of ideas

I ported the stable version 1.0.6 and all the gnome-related libraries needed
(i.e. gnomelibs,gnomeprint,glade,gal etc...). If you are interested in
incorporating this port into the normal distributions and can repeat the port
against the CVS versions. The main things I had to change : adding
VMS-specific makefiles and config-files. Some changes for the different file
syntax and many-many type casts (mainly between [const] [unsigned] char*)

Successes : -Gnumeric runs
            -Loads the plugins (except the special ones like python (no
               python installed and the ones which need extra libs like guile)
            -reads files in gnumeric, excel and DIF format (others not tested)
            -saves files in gnumeric and DIF format (others except Excel not
               tested)

Problems : -Trying to write Excel files fails. It seems that not all data
              is written to the file (i.e. the creator "The Gnumeric Team" is
              not present in the file). Has anyone an idea what can be wrong
              here and/or what tests I can build in to get an idea what is
              wrong.
           -TTF fonts not present since currently DECWindows is not able
              to load them.
           -The make-procedure is not fully automatic. Many Logicals (cf. in
              Unix environment variables) have to be defined manually at the
              moment.

                      Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj hrem stm tudelft nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM          tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Rotterdamseweg 137                       tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 AL Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd