Re: Curve fitting (was Re: Python Plugins)

   Excellent!  Where can I find them?

They currently live in src/regression.c

   I looked in 'gnumeric-1.0.6/src/functions/fn-math.c' and couldn't find
   it.

That's for spreadsheet level math functions.

   The next thing I need is a routine for approximating partial derivatives.

src/goal-seek.c has something like that for Newton iteration.

Note: you may want to work in the 1.1. branch.  There is little chance
that big things will go into the stable 1.0 branch.

Morten