printing graphs and grid lines

I have a minor printing problem with gnumeric 1.0.4. I selected "Print
grid lines" option in print setup. But now if I print a sheet containing
a guppi graph (I use bar graph), the grid lines are also printed under
the graph. In other words, the graph is printed on top of grid lines.
Looks quite messy - unlike  what you see  on screen, where graph has
opaque background, so grid lines do not show through.

Can anyone reproduce this? Am I missing some setting, or is it a bug
which I should file?

Sasha
PS I'm using Guppi-0.40.3 and gnome-print-0.35