installation problem: S.u.S.E. 7.3

I downloaded and opened up gnumeric-1.0.6.tar.gz, transferred to the
gnumeric-1.0.6 directory and ran ./configure.  The output of that
command was:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
./configure: flex: command not found
checking for flex... lex
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up

Is there some way to make this work with S.u.S.E. 7.3?

Thanks

dj tuchler