Re: gnumeric XML data spec

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:48:04PM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
Thank you.  My program (gretl) will now import Gnumeric data (it'll
parse the workbook and ask the user which sheet to import in the case
of a multi-sheet file).
Lovely.  I'd also like to see some of gretl's abilities available as
a plugin.

And thanks to the codebase in Gnumeric's
excel importer (i.e. thanks to Michael Meeks) it'll now do the same
for Excel files.  Of course, getting the excel importer to work was
horrible work compared to the gnumeric importer: the difference
between the clear uplands of XML and the occluded byte-mines of
BIFF.  (Yes, I saw Lord of the Rings lately.)

Beware, we're still actively working on the XL importer.  New
records will be added and the existing framework will be tidied up
as we iterate towards something similar to the chart parsing.