Python and Corba/Bonobo

Hello, I was wondering if any of you could provide me with a quick
"hello world" python example script that makes use of the CORBA
interface to Gnumeric and does a simple data entry. I've been scouring
the web for 2 days, and I've found a lot of antiquated examples, but
none of them seem to work. I've been experimenting on my own using the
orbit-python package and making modifications to the gntest.py script
written by Jon K Hellan, but it seems to be out of date, and my
knowledge of CORBA is extremely minimal. My goal is to automate
data-entry off of an insturment in an environmental lab that dumps it's
data to the serial port of the computer running Gnumeric.  I already
have modules written to parse the serial data, I just need to know how
to import it using the CORBA or bonobo interface. Any help at all would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Travis Whitton <whitton atlantic net>