Re: plugins python vs python-loader

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 09:02:52PM +0000, jon totient demon co uk wrote:
However I would like to pass a range to python and have the script
set all the cells in that range with values which I compute.

The trick here is a to look at things from a different perspective.
Do not attempt to populate a range with the results of a
calculation.  That is inherently the wrong way to do this.  That
loses the link between the calculated data, and the calculation.
What you want to do is to have one function that returns a matrix.
Then to call that function as an array formula.  This maintains the
link you want.  The downside is that in Gnumeric (and MS XL) you
need to presize the size of the result region.  However, my long
term goal is to support autoresizing of array results.

Sorry for the delay,
    Jody