How to display norwegian letters?

Hello,
I have just downloaded and installed Gnumeric 1.0.4 on a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE
box, and started playing around with it.

So far, I have only two questions:

1 - How do I trick gnumeric to display norwegian characters (æøå) in the
    cells... They are displayed correct in the edit field, and is printed OK,
        but in the cells, everything after, and including, the first norwegian
        character is not displayed. How do I fix that?

2 - Is there a way to select a function to be inserted into a cell, similar to
    what excel offers? As I am quite new to gnumeric, I do not remember all
        available functions yet. (where do I get a list of available functions?)

--
(-: Hiroshima 45, Tsjernobyl 86, Windows 95 :-)
Rune Mossige             Tlf(Privat): (+47) 51 42 47 71