Re: Excel/gnumeric function compat test sheet.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:54:57PM +0300, Uri David Akavia wrote:
What about totally trivial functions (like AND/OR)?
1) Functions are rarely trivial.  There are always corner cases to
   test, and error results to validate,

2) The goal is to produce a regression test as well as pin-pointing
   current breakage.  I try to load all of the test workbooks before
   each release, often more frequently than that.

What about functions in Gnumeric that are excel compliant?
Those are exactly the ones we're aiming to test.  It makes it
ewasier for us to produce a test workbook when we can paste the
'correct' results from XL to compare against.  Our lives will get
harder when we need to validate the results manually for the initial
entry.