Re: gnumeric2csv.pl

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 02:09:52PM +0100, Slaven Rezic wrote:
Hi,

here's a perl script for batch converting gnumeric files to csv files.
I hope it may be useful for someone. The usage is:

  ./gnumeric2csv.pl -sheet nameofsheet sheet.gnumeric > sheet.csv

There are dependencies to non-standard perl modules; if you don't want
to install them manually, you can call the script with

  ./gnumeric2csv.pl -install

which will use the CPAN.pm module to install the additional modules
(this will probably need superuser permissions).

Hmm, a nice idea but not quite correct.  I've been planing to change
the dtd for gnumeric-1.2 to support this sort of usage.  However, as
it stands you need to remember that we do _not_ save calculated
results.  Hence your script will eject expressions not their values.

Thanks, we'll definitely keep this use case in mind.
    Jody