Re: [wings] gnumeric chart format

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 08:27:05AM -0400, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

1. Gnumeric uses "Guppi" http://www.gnome.org/guppi to do its graphing
2. Guppi is not considered fully featured (I don't think thats a real
downside)
3. to create a graph you need approximately the latest gnumeric (I have
1.04) and the latest version of guppi (0.40+) You select cells and pick
the little graph button at the top
4. Gnumeric cannot import Excel graphs
It can, although the import is not as fully featured as I'd like
yet.

5. I can't get Graphs/charts to work on my box.  It goes through the
wizard then returns with nothing.
sounds like an installation issue.  Have you been able to get any
further ?

PPS - Gnumeric folks:  The Krysalis project (www.krysalis.org) has a SVG
charting project for which they are reconsidering the file format.  It's
been suggested they piggyback on an existing format

Interesting, I'll have a look.