Re: Text import/export with sheets and formulas

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:47:42AM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:

Hi!

I have a batch of data in raw text files at hand.  I have Perl scripts
that allow me to format them more or less as I wish.  I planed to save
them in a text format describing the two sheets it includes, plus the
formulas relating one sheet to the other, and then feed it to
Gnumeric.

To find the best text format, I made a model of these two sheets under
Gnumeric, and saved it as text.  Now for the bad news: no information
about the sheets is saved (they are concatenated, no trace of their
names is left), and the formulas are lost too.

I'm not clear what you're trying to do.  It should be fairly easy to
generate gnumeric xml.  Can you give me an example ?