Re: excel plugin

I am biased, but I would try using the Excel Perl module from CPAN if
all you want to do is read in spreadsheet data.  You can check it out
here:

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Spreadsheet-ParseExcel

I have not used it myself, but it seems like it would be a whole lot
easier to use than trying to fit a Excel plug-in from gnumeric into some
other app.

-Bryan DeLuca
UNIX Guy