Re: Derivates docs

Neil Booth wrote:

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:-

And annoy the heck out of everybody who never used XL? Contrary to what MS want's us to believe, in a few years XL may not be the measure of all things anymore (assuming it is now). Gnumeric will hopefully last until then and these function names are going to be around.

There is little reason why for example a regression function couldn't be designed to serve the need of finance-artists and mathematicians alike!

I missed your alternative?

Neil.

Perhaps I missed the problem you were trying to solve?

The derivates functions don't exist anywhere else so you can easily choose your favorite arguments, or, as you seemed to have proposed, a single function with a selector.

There may always be XL functions that are not implemented in gnumeric (since any changes in XL will take a little while to migrate to gnumeric.) Similarly there will be functions in gnumeric that don't exist in XL, yet. Why do they have to be recognizable by the name? (An di f they would have to be recognizble by name then at best by a postfix (assuming we have command completion).)

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow