Link trouble with xm.

After getting all of my libraries linked against libxml-1.8.14 I could
not get gnumeric to link.  The linker could not find xmlFree to
satify several references.

I found that there were 2! include directories:

        /usr/include/libxml
and
        /usr/include/gnome-xml

The gnumneric Makefile passed both with -I switches.

I checked libxml-1.8.14 (the version gnumeric requires), and
libxml-1.8.17 (the latest) and these only populate /usr/lib/libxml.
The each define a variable with <prefix>/include/libxml, but I could
not find that they use it anywhere.

The other either came with my dist, or was from libxml-2.?? which
I had apprently once installed.  I assume this was an early version
of what is now libxml2.  There seem to be a number of name consistency
problems with that package.

Moving /usr/include/libxml out of the way alloed gnumeric to see the
xmlmemory.h that goes with libxml-1.8.14 which defines xmlFree as free.

Is it an error for the gnumeric Makefile to refer to /usr/include/libxml
perhaps left over from the past?

Don Reid