Gnumeric

I am using  gnumeric-0.54-4 which opens excel 95 format files..
We are using lotus Smartsuite 123 and lotus old version wk1 files
here. Is there a script wherein i can convert lotus files to gnumeric ?

 At presently what i do to make lotus files to open on gnumeric:
1.open lotus 123 or wk1 files in lotus Smartsuite on windows 9x
2.Save the file in Excel 97 format( this does have option to save the
 file in excel 95 format)
3.I open the saved file in open office and convert it to excel 95 format
4.The converted excel 95 format can now be opened in gnumeric ..
  This becomes a long process

Can anybody help me ??
Regards
Sunil