Re: Please send us this file

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:40:14PM +0000, Nick Lamb wrote:
I've found several sheets which use array formulae and cause Gnumeric
to errupt with messages of the form:

Input - Exponential!F25 : Hmm, ptgAttr of type 0 ??
I've seen a case where an instance of this with flag A and another with flag 3
bracket a 1x1 array formula.  please send us this file.
Flags = 0x9

Damn MS to hell.
ptgAttr type 0 is not documented.  Now we have example of 3
additional flag values @#%! ^!
I'll see if that will help crack this nut.

I'm not sure whether these files will work once the Excel import stage
is fixed, I found this line in the TODO file which seems relevant...

   + Implicit iteration.  For an array expression that returns scalar results.
     which takes a range as a scalar argument, apply the expression to each
     element of the input range.

Nice thought, but it does not seem to be it.  I tried your hunch
and generated a simple sheet with implicit iteration, and none of
the mystery flags appeared.  If you can simplify the results I'd
appreciate it.  OpenCalc does not appear to have a clue either.