Re: Big, fat statically-linked gnumeric executable

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:00:44PM -0400, Blaise Montandon wrote:
Simon,
I heartily agree with your last paragraph.  I too would be happy to
user a big, fat statically-linked gnumeric executable.
While it is feasible to generate a staticly linked version of
gnumeric you will need to support dynamic linking to use the
plugins.

The number of shared libs is a _good_ thing.  It means that we are
actually reusing code finally.  Yes it is a bit daunting if none of
the gnome libraries are installed, but it is not as bad as it seems.
Once the compilation process works for one of them the rest should
fall like dominos.