Re: Excel File Format Information

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:12:38AM -0700, Charles Wyble wrote:

       Does anyone have questions regarding the MS Excel
file format, that the SDKs' don't answer.
I've sent you the the first couple of things on my list.

I have gathered some information on how Excel handles encryption,
and can post it to the list if anyone is interested.
I saw the info you posted to the OpenCalc list.  That was somewhat
useful.  However, as mentioned something more normative would
definitely be nice.

I also have some information on SST records, and can
post it if anyone is interested.
This is an area where thankfully I think we are already well
supplied.  Gnumeric suffered through the learning curve on for those
and now has what I believe to be a conformant implementation.

Thanks
    Jody