Re: Make problem with Gnumeric-0.73

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 05:03:00PM +0000, Stefano Zanelli wrote:
Hi to the whole list!

I ran ./configure with no options and everything was ok
make ends with following error

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `../idl/GNOME_Gnumeric_Graph.h',needed
by `sheet-object.o'. Stop.

In ../idl/ there are two files, none of them has .h extension. They are
GNOME_Gnumeric_Graph.idl and GNOME_Gnumeric.idl.

And now?? :-))

In the bonobo enabled build ORBit processes the idl file to produce
.c and .h files.  You are building the non-bonobo version which
should not need them.  This is probably a result of some automake
strangeness and the fact that I package the bonobo build (because it
is a superset of non-bonobo) when making the release tar balls.  For
now just use 'touch' to make blank versions of the missing files.
I'll see if I can kludge around it for he next release.