Re: How To Install Gnumeric from source

Yes, I had already installed gal-devel-0.14 also. But still, the configure
stop and fail at that.

Reuben D. B.
On Monday 29 October 2001 07:11 pm, Phillip Shelton wrote:
You will need the gal-devl-0.14

In fact you will need to install the *-devl packages for all the libraries
that configure can't find.

-----Original Message-----
From: Reuben D Budiardja [mailto:reubendb goshen edu]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 October 2001 10:09
To: Jody Goldberg
Cc: gnumeric-list gnome org
Subject: Re: How To Install Gnumeric from source

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded 0.72, and it does
have all the file.
Apparently the previous download were corrupted.

Now I have another question. During the configure, it gives
me error not
finding GAL > 0.14:

checking for Gnome App libraries (GAL) >= 0.14
<FAIL> not found
configure: error: You need at least GNOME Application libs
0.14 for this
version of Gnumeric

Well, I just installed gal-0.14 using rpm before, and it
still gives me that.

[root rdb gnumeric-0.72]$ rpm -q gal
gal-0.14-1

Any help?