Re: bug?

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 01:50:21PM +1000, Phillip J Shelton wrote:
Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 02:13:50PM -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
Is it just me or does the current version of gnumeric in CVS requires to
type  'Hello  to enter Hello in a cell?

Yes, I introduced it yesterday.  I'll fix it momentarilly.

<With my tonge very much in my cheek>
  I hope that it stays fixed for longer than momentarilly.
</With my tonge very much in my cheek>

I'm  confident that the patch in CVS will handle it.  The next
release fixes a long standing bug in value parsing.  We have an
elaborate value parse mechanism that was only being used for the
canned formats.  If a user assigned a format to a cell that format
was ignored during parsing.

    eg the user tells us that yyyymmdd is the display format.  We
    should be able to parse values (for that cell) as dates.

In fixing that problem (yay!) I'm exposing some very old code to the
sunshine and a few problems have cropped up.  Hopefully that was the
last of them.