problems getting GUILE

Hey all,

I'm interested in checking out Gnumeric (and including it in an
umcoming Linux distribution), but I can't get the requisite GUILE
underneath it.

Guile-1.5 source is *not* available at ftp.gnu.org, and I can't get
its configure scripts to build (autoconf complains of undeclared
macros, and ./configure subsequently complains of something similar
and dies horribly).

I really don't want to bug the guile people about unreleased software
like this. Where can I get this elusive bit of code known as "Guile
1.5"?

Please CC to me, as my subscription to this list hasn't come through
yet, and I don't know of an archive.

-Eric