GNOME_Gnumeric.xml install was Error compiling 0.75

Ok, I just got a fresh tarball and everything compiled fine-
Somebody please shoot me.

I got it compiled and installed but now gnumeric gives me error while
booting, can't find GNOME_Gnumeric.xml and there are no toolbars or
menus. So just playing arround I copied this file from
/usr/share/gnumeric/0.75-bonobo/gnome/iu to /usr/share/gnome/ui and
gnumeric ran fine. What's the deal here???

Louis