Re: Gnumeric file went south.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:10:27PM +1000, Alan Eugene Davis wrote:
All my grades were in a gnumeric file, which file, partly due to
Gnumeric not having (AFAICT) a way to configure for backups at
periodic intervals, was lost when my disk filled up.
Tools -> AutoSave

Even since, when I access that file, gnumeric locks up.  Yet, I cannot
find any specifications that would help me to track the problem down.

Is there something I can do?

There are two issues here.
1) recovering your data
2) gnumeric should not lock up no matter what you throw at it.

A possibility would be to attempt to import the sheet using the
experimental SAX based xml parser.  If you can forward a copy of the
sheet we'll have look.

Thanks
    Jody