Re: ld problem when compiling

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 01:54:41PM +0200, yardbird wrote:
Sorry for bothering, but when I compile gnumeric 0.64 I get an error from ld
(it seems). I tried  to run ./configure with the --with-gnu-ld option, but
nothing changed.
That option is not relevant for linux systems.  They already use
gnu-ld.

And here follows the error I get compiling:

/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lesd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [gnumeric] Error 1
Sounds like you are missing the development libraries for the esound
daemon.  Add that package.

I can also activate Bonobo support (is it suggested?).
Not as yet.  The bonobo enabled build is not yet the default.

Good Luck
    Jody