Compiling from CVS

Hi all,

I am slowly getting along and am now at the point of installing gal 0.8. While ./configure gal-0.8 I observe the following warnings:

checking for GNOME-VFS... gnome-vfs-1.0
Unknown library `gdk_pixbuf'
Unknown library `gnomecanvaspixbuf'
Unknown library `gdk_pixbuf'
Unknown library `gnomecanvaspixbuf'
Unknown library `gdk_pixbuf'
Unknown library `gnomecanvaspixbuf'
Unknown library `gdk_pixbuf'
Unknown library `gnomecanvaspixbuf'
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating intl/Makefile
creating po/Makefile.in
creating macros/Makefile
sed: can't read ./macros/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating gal/Makefile

Can somebody tell me whether these `Unknown library' warnings are acceptable (I have installed the mandrake rpms gdk-pixbuf and gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas but there are no ...-devel packages.) and what about the `can't read ./macros/Makefile.in'. There is indeed no such file, should there be?

Thanks

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow Assoc. Prof of Mathematics
Concordia University College of Alberta