- From: Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com>
- To: "James R. Van Zandt" <jrv vanzandt mv com>
- Cc: shelton11 dingoblue net au, jsdey mindspring com, gnucash-devel gnucash org, gnumeric-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: AccrInt
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 23:16:07 -0500
On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 09:14:12PM -0500, James R. Van Zandt wrote:
I would much prefer that both compatible and correct versions be
There are two distinct questions.
1) replicate poor function interfaces
2) replicate calculation errors
The former is a partial requirement. We have no interest in the
I can offer two reasons: First, some of us are more interested in
correctness than Excel compatibility. Second, we can assume that
Microsoft application writers have some interest in correctness (at
least, more interest than their colleagues working on operating
systems :-). Eventually, they are likely to issue a new version of
Excel with the correct implementation.
Our approach to (1) has been to support two interfaces. One to
match XL and another to supply something more useful.
] [Thread Prev