I'm not getting all translation-strings

It seems I have not been getting al the translation strings.

Using ./update nl

I get lot's of warnings:
warning: file `plugins/applix/plugin.xml.in' extension `in' is unknown;
will try C
warning: file `plugins/derivatives/plugin.xml.in' extension `in' is
unknown; will try C
warning: file `plugins/dif/plugin.xml.in' extension `in' is unknown;
will try C
warning: file `plugins/excel/plugin.xml.in' extension `in' is unknown;
will try C
warning: file `plugins/gb/plugin.xml.in' extension `in' is unknown; will
try C
warning: file `plugins/gda/plugin.xml.in' extension `in' is unknown;
will try C
etc....

apparently gettext doesn't understand .in or .y

The result is I don't get the translations for the plugings, and I'm
missing a few.

I use gettext 0.40.0

Can anybody help me with this?

I would like the translation to cover every string.

Tino Meinen