Re: Gnumeric 0.76 experiences (long)

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 10:08:07AM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:

If the use types in an invalid formula do you not have the input buffer that
you can just put into a string array? or does trying to parse it loose that
data?

We are talking about different things.  When a user types something
invalid we have the original string.  When importing an xls file
with an invalid expression, we have neither the string nor a valid
data structure.  In some cases we may be able to make an incorrect,
but valid data structure, in others not.