Re: summation

On Fri, 2001-08-24 at 06:44, Allin Cottrell wrote:
I guess I'm missing something obvious, but I'm looking for help with
using the summation menu item in gnumeric (my confusion extends to
other similar items).  Gnumeric version 0.70.

I place the cell cursor at the foot of a column and press the Sigma
sign.  An empty "Sum()" is automatically entered.  OK, but it would be
nice if gnumeric did the Excel thing and offered by default the
summation of the numerical entries above the Summation cell.  But
anyway, I now try to enter the range of the summation manually. I
click on the first cell, and now have, e.g., "Sum(C2)".  I go into the
formula bar and add ":" -> "Sum(C2:)".  Then I click on the last cell,
and get "Sum(C10:)".  Bother -- that's not what I wanted.  That is,
how do I "click in" Sum(C2:C10)?

Try clicking on the first cell that you want (c2), and dragging down to
the last cell that you want (c10).
        Greg