Re: Appleworks/Gnumeric

Barry wrote:

Anyone have experience sharing files between appleworks or
clarisworks and gnumeric?
I have an office w/ ZERO microsoft products and need to share
spreadsheets between a couple of Mac and RedHat machines.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Barry,

unfortunately ClarisWorks/AppleWorks file format is not documented. So
there is currently no way to read those files. But if I remember
ClarisWorks/AppleWorks is able to export to SYLK and Excel (I recommend
the later).

For the ClarisWorks/AppleWorks problem, I have recently set up a project
on sourceforge because I plan to write a library that is able opening
and reading AppleWorks files, either wordprocessor or spreadsheet. I
have begun reverse-engineering month ago and wanted to share this so
that people can help.
Project is at <http://libcwk.sourceforge.net/>. I will put all I have
soon, but nothing really usable yet.

Barry Synoground