Re: Recovering of missing note.

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response, was busy lately.

I'm running gnote v3.36.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.? My computer crashed
several days ago and, upon restarting and relaunching gnote, I noted
that one or more of my recent notes are missing.? I've searched within
gnote and also within the directories ~/.local/share/gnote and
~/.local/share/gnote/Backup to no avail.? My working theory is that the
missing notes are the ones that were open when the computer crashed. Can
you provide advice with respect to the potential for recovering these
notes and how I could attempt to do so?? Thanks.

Gnote saves modifies notes every few seconds. And it backs up exsting
file first, then writes a new one.

Is the backup written to ~/.local/share/gnote/Backup? Is the backup deleted upon a successful write of the modified file?

Note files missing completely suggest that either writing files failed
for some reason (for example full disk), or I don't know.
Do you have extra conditions that may apply, like enabled
synchronization, file system monitoring or extarnal backup?

I double-checked and space on the disk is not an issue, I don't believe file system monitoring is enabled on ~/.local, and there is no external backup. I had enabled file synchronization to a shared folder but the synchronization had not been working due to the presence of a stale lock file in the shared folder.

Until next time, Colin.