Issue with links to notes

Hi everybody!

Thank you for the continuous work on this project!
I am aware of gnote for some years and today I revisited it.

gnote 3.28.0 imported my ~1300 tomboy notes without problems.

My notes extensively have titles of the format
        <some words> (<some words>)
e.g. "minimal working example (1)".

I found gnote to have issues handling those (and other) titles
correctly:

(1) Typing in such a title in a note won't make it a link to the note
if one continues to type in other characters than white-spaces (tabs,
spaces, newline).  If so, the typed in title does not become/stay a
hyperlink to the respective note.
e.g. these will work:
        'minimal working example (1)'
        'minimal working example (1)    '
        'minimal working example (1) '
e.g. these will not work
        'minimal working example (1)    something else'
        'minimal working example (1) something else'
        'minimal working example (1)"'

(2) Typing in a title in a note won't make it a link to the note,
unless gnote is restarted or the note has been created by 'link to new
note' function (this is not related to the format of the title).

(3) If the title of a note was inserted into a note but not set to be a
link, gnote won't make it a link after restart unless the title is
inserted again into the note (this is not related to the format of the
title) (this won't be an issue if (2) is resolved of course).

Also I'm willing to have a look at gnote code base to see if I can
contribute.  At the moment I'm too puzzled by the keywords tag, link,
title to find my way to the relevant code.  What should I look for?

Thank you
   Nicolas