Interested in contributing to Gnote

Hi,
I'm new to gnome. One nice gentleman in gnome-love suggested Gnote. I'm new to contributing to these kind of projects. so bear with me :)

I would like to get some advice before starting.
  • are there any documentation or information to assist or should i go through the code to get an idea of the Gnote.
  • are there any bugs that is such suitable for a newcomer or should i go through through the bug list to find one (I need to get the hang of it)
  • or any suggestion on how to begin

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks