How to install Gnote

Dear all,

I recently read that Tomboy is to be dropped from the Ubuntu 12.04
edition. So far there doesn't seem to be any announcement of a
substitute so I went searching and found Gnote. Problem is I cannot
get it installed.

The first attempt was just through the Ubuntu Software Centre, which
ended up on this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnote/+bug/756580

I removed it and re-installed with apt-get, but the missing symbol
error keeps popping. I removed it once again and decided to compile it
from the sources. After enduring several ordeals I finally managed to
run make and make install. Now when I run gnote I get this:

GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: GApplication subclass 'GnoteApp' failed to chain
up on ::startup (from start of override function)

GLib-CRITICAL **: PCRE library is compiled without UTF8 support

And nothing happens.

So the question is how to properly install Gnote; this on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit.

Thank you and best regards,

Luís