Gnote and GNOME 3

Hi

GNOME Shell is replacing metacity and the GNOME Panel in GNOME 3.0
release.  GNOME Shell has no applet support and I think Gnote will have
to integrate with GNOME Shell as a extension instead.   Some details
from Owen Taylor from the Red Hat Desktop team,  lead developer of GNOME
Shell at

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-April/msg00071.html

Not sure exactly what Tomboy is planning on doing but it would be useful
to get a head start on doing this.  I suppose I could split up applet
support into a sub package in Fedora to allow users who will want to
continue using the GNOME panel and metacity  to still get Gnote support.

Rahul