Re: [gnomemm] newbie libglademm question

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 23:41, Dan Pixley wrote:
> Hi all.  If this question is off topic, please forgive me.
>
> I am new at compiling code for gcc, and have been having problems
> linking libglademm in gcc.  I've been using commands such as:
>
> g++ main.cc -o gnumu `pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 libglademm --cflags --libs`
>
> This does not work, obviously.  What is the proper syntax for
including
> the libglademm libs in gcc?

I could be wrong as I am only just starting to figure all this GTK stuff
out for myself too. Firstly you are using an outdated method of
including the libs in gcc, but the following works on my system,

g++ main.cc -o gnumu `pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 libglademm-2.0 --cflags
--libs`

You should be using the autoconf and automake tools according to the
docs. When using Windows with gtkmm etc I have used these flags quite
successfully and they do work well in Linux still, although using
glademm generates a script that takes care of calling other compile
tools very well.

Hope this helps - it's my first post on this list so go easy on me if it
doesn't :)