[gnomemm] ANNOUNCE: libgnomeuimm 2.0.0 (API/ABI stable)
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc usa net>
- To: gnome-announce <gnome-announce-list gnome org>, gnomemm-list <gnomemm-list gnome org>
- Subject: [gnomemm] ANNOUNCE: libgnomeuimm 2.0.0 (API/ABI stable)
- Date: 05 Sep 2003 18:02:17 +0200
libgnomeuimm wraps libgnomeui for C++, for use
with gtkmm2. It is part of the larger gnomemm project.
This is the first API and ABI stable release. To do this, we have removed
the libbonobo*mm and orbitcpp dependencies, because it does not look like
they will become stable soon. However, Bonobo is only used in a very small
part of the libgnomeui API, and you can still use libbonobouimm with
libgnomeuimm via the C-to-C++ Glib::wrap() function.
This makes sense because the Bonobo parts of libgnomeui are, in
my opinion, likely to be deprecated in future, in favour of the new
menu and toolbar APIs in GTK+ 2.6, with Bonobo useful for components, but
not required. If there is any demand, we will start an unstable,
parallel-installable branch of libgnomeuimm and restore this part of
* Removed libbonobouimm dependency - we now use the C type in the few
places that use BonoboDock in the API. This should make zero difference
for most people, but will make packaging easier.
* Gnome::UI::Info inherits publically from the C type, to fix compilation
with gcc 3.3 on debian, though it might be a compiler bug.
(Murray Cumming, Bradley Bell)
The following people have made libgnomeuimm 2.0.0 possible:
and various helpful testers.
You will need some other *mm libraries available from the same place.
murrayc usa net
] [Thread Prev