RE: [gnomemm] How to use persistent history with GnomeEntry?

> From: Christopher Smith [mailto:x xman org]
> So, I've been experimenting a tad with gnomemm, so forgive me
> if I ask a silly question.
>
> It looks to me like there isn't an obvious way to use
> GnomeEntry's "persistent history" feature.

What "persistent history" feature? I don't see anything here:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libgnomeui/gnomeentry.html

> In particular,
> there is no way to construct a GnomeEntry with an id, and if
> you set it later, it doesn't load the persistent history. Am
> I right or wrong?

I guess you are saying that Gnome::UI::GnomeEntry::set_history():
http://www.gtkmm.org/gnomemm2/reference/html/classGnome_1_1UI_1_1Entry.html#
a6
doesn't work.

You're probably the only person who has tried it. I'm not sure what
GnomeEntry is supposed to do, but if you have an example or test case then
maybe we could investigate for you. It would be nice to compare it to the
same thing in C.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net