[gnomemm] RE: libglademm

> From: Mike Kordik [mailto:Mike Kordik net]
> Murray,

Would people please stop emailing me directly about projects.
http://www.advogato.org/person/murrayc/diary.html?start=108
It's selfish. Please use the mailing lists. People there are more polite
than me.

> 	Thank you for writing libglademm.

OK, so I like this bit.

> I haven't used it yet
> but it seems like the way to go. I am getting started with
> programming on Linux and started a project using Anjuta and
> Glade (and it's C++ code generation).

C++ code generation != libglademm, but I think you should use libglademm
anyway.

> I want to use libglademm. I have searched on the web and
> didn't find what I was looking for so I have a question. How
> do you get signals from the GUI widgets?

I guess you want to connect to the signals. Just do it like you normally
would. Libglademm has nothing to do with that. Maybe the included examples
would help you, or the book:

> I looked in the header files and it looks like it is a work
> in progress as all the signal methods are commented out. I am
> running 2.0.1 because that is what is available for Gentoo
> Linux at the moment. Are signals now part of 2.1?

What signals exactly? Try to show me a url from here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnomemm/libglademm

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net