Re: [gnomemm] libglademm / widget templates

> I think it is mentioned in the documentation for libglade that the
> library will cache the parse trees. Take a look at this:
>
>   http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libglade/libglade-embedding.html
>
> For example, everytime you needed a "minor_window", you could do
>
>   Gnome::Glade::Xml::create("my.glade", "minor_window")
>
> to create to widget hierarchy. Isn't this what you want?
>
> --
> Ole Laursen
> http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/

Thank you, Ole.  I think that's what I want, as long as I get ANOTHER
minor_window each time I call that function.  I'll try it out.

Another question along these lines is this: Is there a way to have
glade use inheritence?  Many of Murray's examples create a

class MyWindow : public Gtk::Window

or the like, in which he creates member objects and member signal
handlers.  This is nice, as it doesn't clutter up the default
namespace, but I don't see this being possible if glade/libglademm
doesn't allow you to use arbitrary classes for widgets.  Is it
possible to have glade parse a class and display it in the palette?
How does everyone else get around this?  Does anyone use libglademm?

Thank you again for your help,

C.J.