[gnomemm] libglademm / widget templates

Hey All,

I'd like to use glade to define my UI, but I've got a lot of widgets
that I plan on using as a template.  As an example, Gimp's image
window is used many times in a single application.  I want to be able
to clone widget hierarchies, give them different names, and stick them
back in the libglade XML tree.  Is this possible?  Murray suggested
that I re-open the .glade file and extract the widget each time I want
to duplicate a widget branch.

Is there a better way to do this?  It seems that glade doesn't have an
interface for creating templates for often-used widgets.  Am I wrong?
I'm pretty new to this.

Thanks much,

C.J.