RE: [gnomemm] libbonobo**mm linker errors

> From: Gerald Henriksen [mailto:ghenriks rogers com]
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:01:14 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >> Red Hat 9, errata done, and grabbed gnomemm and orbitcpp from cvs
> >> today (I used the version of ORBit that Red Hat provides).
> >
> >This is interesting. I am using the same stuff, but with
> jhbuild, which you
> >are probably not using.
>
> Not using jhbuild.

Could you tell us what versions of autoconf, automake, and libtool you are
using?

> Don't know if it matters but I have gtkmm 2.2.0 installed.

Could you try gtkmm from cvs. Maybe it makes a difference. It would be
easiest to completely remove your existing gnomemm checkout when trying
again.

> >> orbitcpp compiled and installed.
> >>
> >> libbonobomm compiled and installed.
> >>
> >> libbonobouimm compile died with:
>
> >I don't have that file, but I don't think that it is
> actually being compiled
> >on my system - hence my linker errors.
>
> It is being generated by the make process:
>
> /usr/lib/gtkmm-2.0/proc/generate_wrap_init.pl --namespace=Gnome
> --namespace=Bonobo --parent_dir=servers ./control.hg
> >../servers/wrap_init.cc

Yes, but I don't think it's being _compiled_ on my system.

> Looking at servers/wrap_init.cc and its .h file I note that the .h
> file has an additional namespace used (namespace servers) which is not
> in the .cc file.
>
> Also, the wrap_init.cc file includes ./control.h which looks
> incomplete, all it does at the moment is open 3 namespaces (Gnome,
> Bonobo, Servers) but there is no other code, not even }'s to close the
> namespaces. [though I admit this could all be irrelevant given I am
> just starting in C++]

I think I've seen and fixed this somewhere before, but I can't remember
exactly where. I think it was maybe a problem with newer perl - maybe gtkmm
from cvs will fix it as I mentioned above.

> The make process also generates similar files in the widget directory
> which compile fine.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com